Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Lake Powell!

Crazy Yes!! Did we almost turn around and go home yes! Did we have fun once we got there! YES YES YES!!

Ty's fam has a house boat and we go for a week and always have so much fun!! We have not been because of me going to school, me having a baby and money! This year the money thing was worse then other years and we decided we for sure needed a break from life!! So we got together what we could and said off we go!! Sabreena my sister had never been and we said you are coming no choice!! I think she had fun it was fun to have her there! On the way down there we blew a tire and waited for them in Scipio not much there but some squeaky cheese. So that was fun!! Then got on the road and blew out another tire, waited to get that fixed and it was a down pour of rain! By this time I had packed enough stuff for entertainment I thought, but they were now bored of what I had brought! Got back on the road made it to well almost Kanab. A barring went out on the boat trailer. Left the boat there and truck and went into town to see what we could do by this time kids were hungry and parents were tired!! So we the women and Bret (Ty's brother), decided to stay at this park and let the kids play, it was a fun park so that was good! We had pizza and played, we waited and waited and waited. We even were to the point of playing red rover and laying on each others tummies to laugh! It was late and we were done!! The men returned, but the parts had not worked, but at this point we said who cares we are making it to Powell! So 13 hours later and I do not know how much money later! We made it and had a blast!! Tegan is a fish and was in the water all day! Broden hates the water and was in twice the whole week!! It was my 25th b-day and Jim and Bonnies b-day down there to! So we made dutch oven for everyone and had peach cobbler for my b-day! They even put balloons and sang to me when I came down from upstairs! They are such a great family!!


Tegan's First Fish he caught on his own!

Ty The Pirate

The park that we stayed at while the boys went to work on the boat trailer! The play ground instead of bark or sand it was made from left of rubber stamps from Stampin UP!

The rain storm we waited in while the other tire was fixed!

The tire shop before the down poor!

No comments: